Dunescapes: Past and Present – Walks in Sefton
08/08/23 & 15/08/23
10:30am - 12pm
Join us on a two-part walk, led by the Dynamic Dunescapes and Southport Townscape Heritage projects to learn about the links between our natural and urban dunescapes
Tuesday 8th August 10:30am – 12:00pm, free
Come and see how people and past dune management techniques have shaped the natural heritage at Ainsdale National Nature Reserve.
Meeting at Ainsdale National Nature Reserve Office, 2 West End Lodge, Pinfold Lane, Ainsdale, PR8 3QW.
~Please note there is no public car parking available at the reserve. Closest train station is Ainsdale Station, a 15 min walk. Closest public carpark is Ainsdale Beach carpark.
Tuesday 15th August 10:30am – 12:00pm, free
Everywhere under your feet in Southport is sand! Discover how you can still see the hidden dunescape in Southport’s streets today.
Meeting at The Atkinson, Lord Street, Southport, Pr8 1DB
- Dress for the weather and comfortable walking.
- Ainsdale – sandy paths, steep climbs, reasonable fitness and mobility needed.
- Southport – hard surfaces underfoot throughout. Approximately 1 mile.
- Walks are suitable for age 16 and over.
- You can attend both or just one of the walks, please register for your space online through Eventbrite – if attending both, please make two separate bookings.
- These events are free and the meeting points will be shared following your online registration through Eventbrite.