Love your Coast – Crymlyn – (Uni) Rare & Invasive Species, and Dune art
11:00am - 3:00pm
Join us to Love Your Coast at Crymlyn, Swansea, for a day of beach action starting from 10am.
Several events will be held throughout the day, two of which are hosted by our very own Dynamic Dunescapes Wales Engagement Officer, David Kilner. Booking is essential for these events, please click the links below to register your place.
11am: Beach art
Join David in creating some incredible giant beach art in the sand. This is a fun and practical way to connect with nature AND unleash your creativity!
2pm: Learn about rare and invasive dune species
Join David for Hunting the Rare and Invasive: 2pm from Margam Square, before venturing out into the dunes to search for rare plant, sea stock, as part of our species monitoring. We'll also look out for some invasive species. Find out how they have changed this habitat, and why we are removing them.
Parking can be found at the Pay and Display carpark .
Other Activities at Crymlyn Burrows on the 13th November
10 am Beach Clean tickets
11am Beach Art Tickets
12:00pm Bike Ride tickets
To help keep everyone as safe as possible please note the following and take action where appropriate.
(1) Please do not book a place on the activity should you, or anyone in your household, be suffering from any of the following symptoms:
- New continuous cough
- High temperature
- Loss of, or change to, your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
(2) When booking your place, please ensure that you have completed all the contact details. We will need these should anyone who is on the activity subsequently become aware of Covid-19 symptoms so that we can follow the guidelines in the ‘Trace, Test and Protect’ program.
(3) If you, or anyone in your household, develop Covid-19 symptoms after booking, please cancel your place.
(4) We will keep socially distanced at all times, so please adhere to this.
(5) If you experience symptoms after the activity, you should get a Covid-19 test. If this is positive, you need to inform David - so this can be shared with other participants.