Crymlyn – Free beach activities (Drawing in nature, dune walk, spot rare & invasive species)
11:00am - 12:00pm
Join us to Love Your Coast at Crymlyn, Swansea, for a day of beach action starting from 10am.
Several events will be held throughout the day, two of which are hosted by our very own Dynamic Dunescapes Wales Engagement Officer, David Kilner, and one by Crymlyn Reserve Warden Ben Sampson. Booking is essential for these events, please click the links below to register your place. Based from the Bay Campus & on Crymlyn Burrows Nature Reserve.
11am Giant Beach Art
Join David in creating some incredible giant beach art in the sand. This is a fun and practical way to connect with nature AND unleash your creativity!
12:00pm Dune Walk with Crymlyn Warden Ben Sampson
Join Ben for a guided tour of the dunes at Crymlyn to learn about what makes this beautiful habitat special.
2pm Hunting for the Rare & Invasive - Recording Species
Join David for Hunting the Rare and Invasive: 2pm from Margam Square, before venturing out into the dunes to search for rare plant, sea stock, as part of our species monitoring. We'll also look out for some invasive species. Find out how they have changed this habitat, and why we are removing them
To help keep everyone as safe as possible please note the following and take action where appropriate.
(1) Please do not book a place on the activity should you, or anyone in your household, be suffering from any of the following symptoms:
- New continuous cough
- High temperature
- Loss of, or change to, your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
(2) When booking your place, please ensure that you have completed all the contact details. We will need these should anyone who is on the activity subsequently become aware of Covid-19 symptoms so that we can follow the guidelines in the ‘Trace, Test and Protect’ program.
(3) If you, or anyone in your household, develop Covid-19 symptoms after booking, please cancel your place.
(4) We will keep socially distanced at all times, so please adhere to this.
(5) If you experience symptoms after the activity, you should get a Covid-19 test. If this is positive, you need to inform David - so that other participants can be notified.